To join your ARK server on Steam:
- Open Steam and in the top left there is a button called "View", click on it to open a menu.
- Click on the Servers option.
- Now click on the servers tab at the top of the window that opened.
- At the bottom of the window you will see a button that says add a server, click it.
- Paste in the Query IP listed on the control panel (the one with the 6 at the end).
- Click find games at this address.
- It should find your server, then just click the add this address to favourites button.
- Click refresh once or twice if the server shows an IP instead of it's name in the window.
- There's two options to join now:
- You can click it, then click join in-game by filtering the server screen by "Favourites"
- In the Steam servers window that you added the IP in, you can click on the server then click connect.
To join your ARK server on Epic Games Store:
- Search for the servers name, make sure to select show servers with passwords
- Click join
If your server is not showing up on the list on EGS ARK, make sure there are no mods installed on the server.
If you try to join and get timeout or unknown error, remove the password from the server.
Alternative method for joining an ARK server on Epic Games Store (method is a bit buggy):
- Start a single player session
- Press tab
- To connect to a server, you need to type the following command:
- open serveriphere
- Replace serveriphere with your servers Connection IP listed on the control panel (which has a 5 at the end).